Thursday, August 06, 2009

We Made It to Beijing

Well, after the LONGEST flight I have ever been on, we finally made it to Beijing yesterday afternoon.  It was a pretty uneventful flight, which is what I hope all my flights to be.  There are a lot of movies, shows, music, and games provided on the flight, which actually made it go pretty fast.  We also got up and did a lot of walking around, which was advised by mom and Patricia, but after sitting on those seats too long, no encouragement was really necessary.  We tried to sleep on the plane, but it was hard to get any real sleep.  It was daylight for the whole flight!  The Newark to Beijing route actually flies North, past Greenland and over the Pole, down through Siberia and Mongolia, and into China.  Because it is the summer, the pole never sees night, so neither did we.  It truly was the longest day I have ever experienced.  But we are FINALLY here.  :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I tracked your flight over the pole. I forgot that was the path from the east coast. I thought it was pretty cool, but I can understand why you didn't because you were expecting to fly mostly through darkness. Glad you guys got there safe and are enjoying your time in Beijing.

Steph