Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Hottest Day .... So Far

Today, we visited Yuntai Garden, which I was looking forward to.  I have been dying to spend some time walking around a garden since arriving in China, but we haven't really had the chance until today.  Of course, today was also probably the hottest day since we have been in China, which is a feat since they have all been pretty darn hot.  We had about an hour and a half to spend in there.  The garden was rather interesting.  It had a lot of features that you would expect to see in a garden, like a rose garden, rock garden, etc.  However, there were also statues of cartoon characters, like Mickey Mouse, Buzz Lightyear, Pinkachu, Mario Brothers, and many, many more.  The garden wasn't really that big, but it did have a few different areas.  Most of it was in the sun, so we were hard pressed to actually find a shady spot to rest, but I did take advantage of the ones I did find.  I think by the time we were there for about an hour, we were pretty much over it due to the heat.  Brian mentioned that it really must be hot if I was ready to leave a garden before exploring every section of it.  I think that April or October would be the prime months for enjoying the gardens, but mid August was just miserable.

After the gardens, we headed back to the hotel where a shower was definitely in order.  I gave Hana a bath and put her down for a nap, and then I showered and joined her.  I think the heat just wore us both out.  Kelly took us all out for a Szechuan dinner tonight, which was very good.  I have been dying for some spicy food, which isn't really prevalent in Cantonese cuisine.  Since everything is family style, Kelly only ordered two star spicy.  I could have taken another star or two, but I think a lot of people don't have that same love of hot as I do.

Tomorrow morning is the zoo, which I am looking forward to.  There is no afternoon or evening event planned, so I think we may go and check out the pool tomorrow after Hana's, and probably my, nap.  Especially if it is as hot as it was today!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need more pics -- Brian is slacking off. Sounds like the two of you are having a wonderfull time. After such a long wait you deserve it!

-Tim