Monday, August 03, 2009

We Leave On Wednesday

I'm still finding it a little hard to believe, but we are actually going to board our flight to China on Wednesday. I don't think it has actually hit me yet that we are finally going to get to meet Hana. I suppose the hours I spent packing (and repacking) last night should make it seem a little more real, but it still hasn't completely sunk in yet. I guess getting on the plane and landing in China will make it seem more real. And if that doesn't do it, then I am sure that when they hand her to us, it will become real very fast. :)

We are almost ready to go. I mentioned above all of the repacking I have done. We are limited to 44 lbs a piece on our intra-China flights, so I packed everything, just to find that both bags were over the limit. So, I started pulling out some things to get us under the limit, and Brian is spending his day off looking for more travel sized containers and a smaller, lighter thermos. As of this morning, I had each bag down to 40, but I would feel better if I could get them both to 38, just for a little wiggle room or uncalibrated scales. And for all of you wondering, I am only taking two pairs of shoes, and I am contemplating leaving the sandals at home. If my feet happen to appear in any of the pictures, you will know what I finally decided.

As of now, here are the highlights of our itinerary:

8/4 - Leave for China
8/5 - Arrive in Beijing
8/9 - Fly to Guangzhou
8/10 - Gotcha Day! This is when we get Hana
8/11 - Officially adopt Hana
8/19 - Consulate appointment
8/20 - Get Hana's passport
8/21 - Fly home

There is a lot of sightseeing and shopping that will happen while we are there, but I wanted to hit the highlights. We will definitely post from China when we can, so be sure to check our blog. There will also be a lot of photos being taken, some which we will post here, but check out the rest at our zenfolio site http://walker.zenfolio.com.

I am so excited that we finally get to go to China, and that by this time next week, we will have Hana!

3 comments:

The Oberoi Girls said...

Both of our girls are due on the same day. How cool is that? We are so excited for you both. I hope that the trip goes smoothly and we can't wait to meet Hana when she gets here!!

Lots of Love,
Jai, Jen, Isha and Diya

w8tn4 said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your time in China and don't forget to buy your little sweetpea lots of little gifts for throughout the years! Safe travel wishes...
Jami

Edgar and Barbara said...

Enjoy every minute of it and take it all in. Before you know it, your sweet daughter will be in your arms!

We, too, were married for over 13 years when we finally became parents, just over 11 months ago. And believe me, she will forever change your life and what a blessing it is! ; )

Safe travels!
Barbara (from Florida)