Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paperwork In... Paperwork out

Our referral documents arrived today, via FedEx. The poor FedEx guy must have thought we were crazy! The dogs started barking like crazy, and I looked out and saw the truck. He put the package on the porch and was walking off when I ran out the door and asked him if we could get a picture of us with him. He looked at me like I had three heads! Brian then explained that today, he was the stork and was delivering us our referral documents. Once we shared our story, he was a good sport and took some photos with us.

I must admit that the package was a lot smaller than I expected. Considering that I had to send off my dossier in a box, I guess I was expecting a box in return. Fortunately, it wasn't. It was a letter from our agency, detailing what we needed to sign and send. It included our agreement with them, as well as the letter of acceptance to the CCAA. It also had her medical records and her growth report... in Chinese. We signed all the docs, and Brian made copies and scanned them into the computer. And off I went into town. Lucky for me, Grace is working in Richmond this week, and she very kindly translated the reports for me. From what we could tell, she was healthy, but of course, we are not doctors. As for development, she seems to be on time with her age group, and she is very social. She laughs aloud, knows her name, responds to facial expressions, and she likes being held. She is active, restless, but she is a deep sleeper, just like mommy used to be. She is fond of music and playing games, so she will fit right into our family.

We also received the translated version of our medical report. As fate would have it, the pediatrician we selected is on vacation this week. Luckily, I am fortunate to know some very wonderful people. Neha, a doctor and wife of a co-worker, agreed to review the paperwork. Other than being small for her age, which is common for girls of Asian descent, she is a healthy baby. :)

So, after leaving work, I stopped by FedEx to send off our acceptance documents to Great Wall.  So, they are on their way! Now what? Well, we wait of course!

3 comments:

Laura42106VA said...

Hi there,

My name is Laura and my hubby and I live in Richmond. I saw your Blog listed on RQ and wanted to give you my congratualtions! Our LID is 4/21/06 and if it's ok I would love to follow your the rest of journey we are hoping to get our referral before the end of the year! Your daughter is beautiful.

Did you know that United Airlines has a direct from Dulles to Bejing?

Happy travels any idea when you will get to go?

Laura

w8tn4 said...

At least with waiting this time around you have pictures to drool over! Our daughter is from Yangxi...and We received our referral from Taiwan for our son in February. we are hoping to travel this summer. Waiting to travel is tough but seeing that little face is so worth it! Oh, and we have an LID of 4/2/08 also... now that's a long wait!

Jami
http://w8tn42and3.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

Laura,

I'm not sure exactly when we will go, but I am thinking probably July. Are you a member of Families of the China Moon? If not, you should join. It's a great group.