Friday, June 19, 2009

Could today be THE DAY?

Yesterday brought more chatter on the forums that matching is complete. Several agencies were telling their families matching is done and the speculated cutoff is 3/20 (so we would have been in anyway). Our agency hasn't actually said anything public about referrals, but they did get TAs (Travel Approvals) yesterday. And, I had a little birdie tell me she called Great Wall, and she was told that they were expecting two packages, one yesterday, which we now know is TAs, and one today, which we hope are referrals!

I found most of this out last night, so I naturally got extremely excited. I did manage to nod off a few times last night, but I was a little too anxious and excited to sleep. So, I've been awake since 6, up since 6:30, and I'm pretty tired. And yet... I still can't sleep. I guess I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve... except it will be more like afternoon until I know anything for sure.

Oh, and if you all want to have a little fun with numbers, check out the ticker on the bottom of the page. As of today.... we have been LID for 3 years, 3 months, and 3 days. I'm not normally superstitious, but that has got to be good luck for something right? Ok... maybe it's becoming evident that I really didn't get enough sleep. :)

Keep checking back, as I may make more than one post today. Hopefully I can end off my blogging day with a picture of a beautiful baby!

1 comments:

todd and Tara said...

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your news and your site. visiting your blog is like filling the tank for us. We love hearing about referrals as we wait for our own (L.I.D. 4/14/06). Todd & Tara http://waiting4babyrock.blogspot.com/